Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Lotus Stem



“So Mrinalini is coming?”

“Yes.”

“And you think this is right beta?

“Yes. She is Nandita’s sister Ma, and my daughter.”

“And she isn’t something to me? That’s what you’re trying to say? She is my granddaughter Yash! I have seen her grow up!”

“I am not trying to say anything Ma, “

“That I don’t love her?”

“I didn’t say that” Yash shouted. The stress of the wedding was already getting to him. And now this. He didn’t want to deal with drama. Not today.

“What’s going on dad?” Nandita entered the living room, shocked.

“Nothing beta” Yash smiled. His elder daughter was looking pretty. He was a proud father today. His daughter would become a married woman in just a few days.

“You were shouting?”

“Nothing to worry about sweetheart. You go get ready.”

“Have you sent the car for Nalu?”

Ya, she will be arriving soon am sure.”

“Oh good! I can’t wait! It has been so long. I haven’t seen her since I’ve come back. I am so excited Papa! Nalu’s gonna be here!”

“Yes beta”

“I am going to get ready. And don’t worry so much na…”

“Oh your father will never change my darling! Her grandmother chimed.

“Dadi! Stop teasing him!”

………… 




“Will she come, didi?”

“Ofcourse Lalitha. Yash has sent the car”

“Is someone coming with her?”

“No, no. She can come on her own. They said she could.”

“When did you meet last?”

“Last month! She is so much better now. Yash and I are so happy. And now that Nandita is getting married…”

“Oh didi, don’t cry…I'm sure everything is going to be fine…” 

“Yes, yes ofcourse. “ Leena wiped the stray tear. “Come on. There is so much left to do. Help me pack all these gifts. See, this is for Jagya Masi. This one is for Ashu’s wife. And see this saree. Is it good? It’s for Nandi’s mother in law…”



………… 


Posting a full length short story for the first time. Will continue if I get a positive response. Do comment if you like it. 

For Part 2 go here




3 comments :

  1. Anonymous22 May, 2012

    Looking forward to reading the rest of it. Please do continue :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) Best of luck...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go on! I wanna read more of this

    ReplyDelete